Hey everyone, summer is finally here at the beach and that means the tourist season is on! Have fun and be safe!
Real Estate Update
* Property Values on the Rise at the Beach
Real Estate Sales are holding strong showing an almost 10% gain in sales for April/May '07 versus the same time period in '06 in Ocean Shores. Average home sales price is $219,405 vs. $202,119 for 2006. Average Condo price is $229,840 vs. $164,500 in 2006. As you can see, property values at the beach are still climbing.
* Dreamscape Condos are Selling like Hotcakes!
Located at the Southern tip of Ocean Shores, these units include two or three bedrooms, 2 baths, kitchens featuring maple cabinets, tile floors and granite counters, living rooms with a fireplace and separate dining area with private decks. Perfect for a company retreat or multi-family uses. Watch ships, whales, and fishing boats from the comforts of your own private getaway. All units have fantastic views! Seconds from pristine beaches and beach combing. Prices range from $239,000 to $399,000. Don't wait until they're all sold out! Dreamscape Condos are being offered at these low prices from the builder direct.
* Flag Day Parade & Dance at Ocean Shores - June 16th
Spend a fun-filled day in Ocean Shores. Saturday morning, June 16th at 11:00 a.m., watch over 50 floats and entries honoring Old Glory in one of the only Flag Day Parades in Western Washington. Saturday evening from 7:00 pm until 11:00 pm, attend the Flag Day Dance, "Stars & Stripes", at the Ocean Shores Convention Center.
* The Five Star Dealerships Sand & Sawdust Festival - June 22nd-24th
Castles! Mermaids! Pelicans! Bears! The fun starts Friday, June 22nd and runs through Sunday, June, 24th. Admission is free. Come to the beach to watch Master, Intermediate, and Novice Sand Sculpting teams compete for over $5,000.00 in cash prizes. JOIN IN!!! Register a team of your family and friends in the Family Division and vie for hundreds of dollars in gift certificates and merchandise donated by the business community of Ocean Shores.
* 4th Annual Ocean Shores Independence Day Picnic & Fire O'er the Water - July 3rd/4th
The business community of Ocean Shores is sponsoring the 3rd annual Ocean Shores Independence Day Picnic on Tuesday, July 3, 2007 at North Bay Park. Picnic Hours are from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Admission is free!! If you haven't been in Ocean Shores on the 4th of July, you're missing out. Come join with tens of thousands of people plus the Quinault Tribe in setting off fireworks all day and night long.
* Big Weekend Triathlon & Footfest - July 7th
Triathletes compete. Open water swimming in Duck Lake. Biking on the city streets of Ocean Shores peninsula. Running on ocean beach and city streets. Sponsored by http://www.trifreak.com/
* The city's attempt at getting rid of all the weeds in the lakes and canals has worked! Paddlers, boaters, fishermen and swimmers are all able to get around now without getting tangled up in the weeds. Dogs too! Great news!
* The city is moving forward to move part of the city's golf course to the Weatherwax property to finance much-needed city facilities. The city is hoping to build a new fire and police station, permit center, library and cultural center. These facilities will be financed by selling city-owned property vacated by moving golf holes and a small chunk of the Weatherwax itself and will not be an extra burden to taxpayers.
* If you've been involved with selling or purchasing property in Ocean Shores or anywhere in Grays Harbor County recently, you know prices have definitely gone up over the past few years. Just recently, property owners in Ocean Shores just received their new revaluation statements. More info HERE.
Coldwell Banker Ocean Beach Properties749 Point Brown Ave NW, Ocean Shores, WA 985691.
1.888.469.3100 (toll free)